Currently Accepting Resumes and Cover Letters
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your application or if you have any questions!
Who we are
True North Aid is a Canadian registered charity dedicated to serving and supporting northern and remote Indigenous communities in Canada through practical humanitarian support. Through reconciliation and educational activities, we raise awareness and promote an understanding of the history of non-Indigenous/Indigenous relations in Canada, helping to inform our understanding of the situation we find ourselves in today.
We have built a thriving non-profit team that is purpose driven and collaborates to achieve our mandate.
What we offer
- Rewarding work: Your role contributes to sustainable, positive change
- A flexible schedule: Better manage your work/life balance in a remote setting
- A supportive environment: Collaborate with our small team of fun, skilled and passionate individuals
- Professional development
- Health benefits: We’ve got you covered.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Donor Relations and Corporate Outreach Coordinator has the primary responsibility of managing the stewardship of donors and corporate sponsors for True North Aid.
The Donor Relations and Corporate Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the cultivation of annual and monthly donors, corporate sponsors, and major gifts. The person in this role is a key spokesperson for the organization when interfacing with donors and engagement prospects. This role also supports communications in event coordination and related communication tasks.
Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria on the first day of employment.
- 4-5 years experience in a similar role
- An in-depth understanding of donor management software (Donor Perfect)
- Experience with fundraising and corporate outreach
- Strong computer software skills are required, including Google Workspaces
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of working in a results-oriented environment, able to handle multiple competing deadlines at one time.
- Diploma or degree in a related field such as non‐profit studies, fundraising, sales or communications or professional development and/or a minimum of 4 to 5 years of related experience
- You must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada. .
What you’ll bring
- You are someone who is driven to connect with people.
- You are passionate about non-profit causes and their unique fund development requirements.
- You have a desire to find creative solutions.
- You have strong listening skills and can foster genuine relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- You bring a portfolio of excellence in donor care and outreach.
- You bring communication experience and expertise.
What you’ll do
- Execute our donor acquisition, appreciation, cultivation, and retention strategy for True North Aid.
- Develop our stewardship processes and customer journey maps.
- Engage with new and existing donors through regular phone calls, emails, video calls (whatever the donor would prefer)
- Create corporate donor impact reports.
- Look for grant opportunities and submit applications.
- Manage our database of 9,000+ donors, updating their profiles regularly and using the program to its full potential.
- Report on and produce analytics to increase donor engagement.
- Look for opportunities for increased efficiency in our processes.
Donor Engagement Enhancement
- Ensure a strong stewardship program for annual and monthly donors in order to strengthen and build connections and grow future revenue initiatives.
- Explore new and creative methods to acquire and retain new donors, keeping abreast of emerging trends through regular research.
- Oversee and develop an effective, long-term monthly giving program.
- Develop campaigns and event timelines and checklists
Other skills considered an asset
- Content writing skills and experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to produce acknowledgement and follow up letters.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and goal driven
- Knowledge of the inequities affecting Indigenous Peoples in Canada
- Customer Service background and experience
- Media design skills (proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Website management skills
- Photography and Video editing experience
This position is full-time at 40 hrs per week.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Check out our website at www.truenorthaid.ca
True North Aid is committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued and respected, whatever their race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, ancestry, or place of origin.